Friday, February 15, 2013

Back from sabbatical!


OK, who am I kidding? I didn't take a sabbatical. You have to be a professor to get a gig like that. But, it does sound way more important than saying my life in the last three months was a total cluster you-know-what.

Thankfully, I had an epiphany. Well, I guess I had two. We had an Epiphany party at church, which by the way, was delightful. Two of my kidlets played angels in the reenactment of the birth of Jesus. Leah was a natural. Now for Lily, acting was necessary.
My two angels: Lily (L) and Leah (R)

My other epiphany happened while watching a movie with the kidlets . . .


Finding Nemo. What a great movie. We all love Nemo's tenacity. 
Marlin's devotion just makes you want to run and tell your dad 
how much you love him. And then there's Dory.
She's simply adorable, fun loving, and one that always looks on the bright side.

 
Push this fancy play button. 

You see, life can be grand. Life can be mediocre. Or life can just really suck sometimes. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I took that silly little fish's advice to just keep swimming. (OK, I admit, there was some self pity for approximately 23 days, but who's counting?) I kept doing what it is I do best: being me. I'm quirky, a little obnoxious, loud, and I'll admit, I sometimes offer more than my fair share of TMI.

The bottom line is this: I adopted the attitude of "Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind."

So, there you have it folks. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, congratulations! And, if you do, way to go! All you need to know is that I'm back and I'm going to be sharing some crazy %@* that my kids (or that elusive Raggedy Ann) have pulled on me lately!!

Here's a little sneak peak, because I know you are dying to see how I spent my Valentine's Day.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing the fun stories! :)

    ReplyDelete