Saturday, November 17, 2012

Since I didn't do baby books, I guess I should blog or something



Well, I've jumped on the blog bandwagon. Seems like all the cool kids are blogging these days. And, since I still feel the need to give into peer pressure and be in the 'in crowd', I'm going to start blogging too.

If I didn't have kids, well, I'm not sure what the hell I would write about. I had an awesome life before kids (b.k.), but I must admit, having the little kidlets has really made me a better person. I know, you are thinking I'm going to tell you the typical 'mom' response: 

I didn't know what love was until I held my baby in my arms. Or, staying at home, raising my young children, well, it's the most rewarding job ever. I love getting paid in hugs!!

I'll tell you right now: while that's all true (Wait, hugs? That tender won't work at Von Maur!), my children have provided me with a whole new perspective on life. Where as before, I went by "when in doubt, turn right", I've now added "find the funny . . . find the funny . . . FIND THE FUNNY!!"

You see, if I can't find humor in my daily life, then I'd best be drinking by 9 a.m. Thankfully, on most days, I find that funny. On the off days, well . . . we keep it simple: if by bedtime, I still have a head count of four, then the day was a success. 

This blog is my opportunity to share the true stories of me as a mom, as well as all the shenanigans of my children. There is never a dull moment at the Pricehold, and I hope these stories make you smile and laugh. 

Enjoy!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment